When September is here, we start to feel the fall. One of the decor styles that has inspired me in the last several weeks is Bohemian style, the style featured with bright colors & patterns, cozy seatings, artsy mix-and-match and vibrant textiles. Aren’t those we love natural beauty for the fall? Then we had this design project and it is a country house. There are exposed beams and stone walls which make house look very organic. And the house is filled with natural light. The client wants to keep the original country style but wants the house look have fresh and updated rather than too heavy and traditional. The client likes bright colors and feminine touches. Here we go— a chic bohemian country style for her. Here for 6 ways how we create the look:
- Paint all walls light gray and all trims and ceilings bright white to create a modern clean and crisp backdrop for the later vibrant furnishings and bouncing around light while still keep the stone walls and exposed beams. The contrast of the old and new gives the whole house a very fresh looking.
- Have petite upholstered furniture spread around the house such as chairs and ottomans in jewelry tones to give it a sophisticated and feminine touch.
- Have bright Moroccan area rugs in the house for the vibrant vibe.
- Have unmatched bohemian draperies to make the whole space whimsy, playful and elegant.
- Artsy arrangement of modern artworks on the fireplace and walls.
- Fresh flowers, please.
Hope you enjoy the above.