As fashion shows go on, we are inspired and love to get the looks from Run-way to Hallway. And also, we do have Fall in Los Angeles. As the foliages in the whole world start to change the colors, we also crave for the feeling that make us feel unique, warm, romantic, strong, matured and homy. So what came my mind is the color combination of tangerine and dark blue.
After those pastels and cool beach colors dominated the whole summer, this combination of warm and cool saturated colors suddenly brings us a drama. It’s modern and chic. It makes a very strong statement. This is the case study how we used this fashion combination colors in recent country-style design project and make the place pleasant and livable.
Here are 5 steps to create this fashionable dining room look:
- Choose what inspired us most and make it as the start point. In this project, it’s the color combination of tangerine and blue. It’s such an interesting contrast for this country barn-style room.
- Paint walls and the ceiling neutral colors as the calm backdrop for the future furnishings and pops of tangerine and blue.
- Mix-and-match the style— have the modern clean-line furniture to give the room a fresh and youthful loom.
4. Chinoiserie on the screen and geometric patterns on the rug and Roman shades balance the energy between Yin and Yang, feminine and masculine.
5. Abstract artworks just leave the imagination of whoever enters the room wide open.