The client did the drapery and furnished the family room by herself. But she doesn’t quite like what she did for herself and would like to upgrade this room with a more appointed looking. Based on what we understand about her, what she likes, dislikes and her obsession with small fancy things. Here is what we did:
- Replaced patterned drapes with solid-green silk draperies paddling on the floor to create a soft and elegant backdrop for the whole room and continue the green theme from other rooms.
- Replaced the sofas with more modern and stylish looking pieces. Those two sofas set the tone immediately after we put them in. Pop of pink and green on the pillows picks up the colors from the artwork by Paule Marrot over the fireplace and also makes the room alive.
- Newly installed black-and-white carpet anchors the whole room and makes it classy and upscale.
- Created tabletop vignettes by using black-and-gold objects to talk to the floor color scheme and reflect the client’s personality.
- Install another Paule Marrot’s artwork.
The overal result is classy, upscale, feminine, elegant and vibrant.