We often have fun to mix high and low, old and new and of course different aesthetics. Mixing of all kinds will add interest and character into the space. In order to keep the cohesive vibe overall, we will have to use some common elements to thread through the different layers. And here is the case study for the corner space for the project we recently designed. We would like to create a chic, fresh, elegant, polished decor style while still keeping it inviting and cozy. Here is how we did it—today, we are going to share 6 tips on how we artfully mix high and low, modern and classical, old and new to achieve this goal.
- Rule #1, always keep an overall color palette neutral if you are going to take a mix& match approach.
2. Make an investment on well-crafted furniture since they are big, heavy and most likely, you will stay with them in a very long time. So please, please choose ones you fall in love with and have some cool, fresh design elements attached to these furniture at the same time. If they are chairs, ottoman or sofa, make sure they are super comfortable for you to sit on.
Shop the chair in the design:
Shop the elegant desk in the design:
Shop the handsome desk chair in the design:
Click the following image and shop the blush ottoman in the design:
Click the following image and shop the brass floor reading in the design:
3. It’s all in the details. Please take time to craft and edit your vignettes.
Now it comes to the fun part of mixing-and-matching—styling an ottoman cocktail table. Again, we use bright orange color on the tray to bring in more fashion-forward elements. And a Japanese garden inspired Blue Pagoda pattern bowel is an anchor piece on this cocktail table vignette. The oriental bowel plays with sparkling crystal candle holders and a litter blue crystal rat (yes, 2020 is the year of rat)
Shop the Blue Pagoda pattern bowel in the design
Click the image below and shop the crystal candle holders in the design
Click the image below and shop the Chinese zodiac crystal rat:
4. Have something unexpected like this teal fabric wrapped mirror in the design.
We chose this modern teal fabric mirror to emphasize clean modern style.
Click the following image to shop the modern teal fabric mirror in the design:
Click the follow image to shop the table lamps in the design:
5. Strategically plan to own 1 or 2 prestigious decor pieces every year like this blue hand-crafted crystal vase on desk. well-design pieces like this blue crystal vase will always elevate any of your interior.
Click the image below and shop the blue crystal vase in the design:
6. Flicking heavenly scented candles are true essentials to make any space warm, cozy moody and romantic.
Click the image below and shop the heavenly scented candle in the design:
Plan to refresh your home, check out these MLK long weekend deals:
Need our help to design your space, we take care everything from design to purchase service, please contact email@example.com for detail.