Thom Filicia is best known for an Emmy Award–winning television personality on shows like the original 2003 Queer Eye for the Straight Guy and 2018’s Get a Room with Carson & Thom, both on Bravo. Eight years ago, Filicia decided to sell the SoHo apartment where he had resided for a decade and move to a neighborhood with a bit more breathing room. A floor-through unit in a modern building designed by the South African architect Lindy Roy caught his eye, thanks to a layout with a strong separation between social and personal spaces. After spending four months in construction redoing floors, bathrooms, lights, and counters, Filicia set about decorating the 1,800-square-foot, two-bedroom apartment. The rooms include a mix of his own pieces, both from his Thom Filicia Home Collection and his to-the-trade New York showroom Sedgwick & Brattle, along with vintage furnishings and the artwork he has collected over the years. “I’m a single guy, so I wanted it to be timely and timeless, sophisticated yet inviting,” he explains, adding that he loves to entertain.
Here are some highlights why we love his new home:
- Color palette—gray, charcoal wall-coverings serve as a perfect calming backdop for his choices of colorful accessories and artworks.
2. Mix-and-match vintage oriental pieces and abstract objects give this space a timeless feel.
3. Creative ways to hang arts on the wall, floors, chairs and over the furniture give us fresh angles to appreciate art.
4. Create inviting vignette such as below seating area to bring in casual elegance.
5. A vintage handmade pouf on the floor and sheep skin on the sofa make this living room a perfect spot for lounging and relaxing.
6. The dining area with various seating doubles as a stylish study. A pop of red on the art-frame enliven this area.
7. Love, love the idea to use a bar-cart as the kitchen island for this small kitchen—it’s chis, stylish and super practical.
You can read the original story by clicking here
Need our interior design service or e-design service to design and specify your home, please contact us at email@example.com