Hello, everyone, here is our part II tile trends in 2019. If you haven’t red the part I, please click here to learn more
I recently attended Daltile designer event for the showcase of new tile products. I feel it is pretty amazing specially I can find the local manufactures who custom-made such fashionable and cool design tiles right here in our backyard. Here are 2 of trends I observed from the showcase:
Moroccan tile influence : Moroccan tiles are famous for its hand-made quality, its uniqueness, fun patterns and craftsmanship. People start to bring these vibes to machine-made ceramic tiles with lower cost and much-faster lead time. Here are some samples I found from the showcase:
2. Color, color, color : there will be more bold colors for tile design in 2019. I did a lot of grey tile projects in the past several years and I am open to some fashionable and bold colors.
I found coral and red at the showcase. The colors do make me feel excited:
If you are thinking how to make your kitchen more efficient, more supportive for healthy eating and more fun for entertaining, here are 5 underrated appliances you definitely should consider to incorporate in your kitchen project: click here for detail
Today is the last Friday of 2016. And it’s raining again. My rose arrangement for our Christmas table center piece is still beautiful. I just added some garden-fresh pink camellias. Now I am in the process of setting up a Mimosa bar for our NYE celebration.
Happy holidays! Hope everybody is enjoying the holiday time with loved ones. Just before setting our NYE party, I am finally able to put all of photos of our Christmas home decor 2016 together. I was having fun mixing and matching the traditional and modern, the old and new, the pinks and red, and etc… Overall our Christmas decor this year is light, modern and romantic with a touch of traditional.
Victoria’s Secret fashion Show, Paris, was broadcasted on Dec. 6th. There were six themes for the show: Road Ahead, Mountain Romance, Pink Nation, Secret Angel, Dark Angel and Bright Night Angel. With performances by Lady Gaga, Bruno Mar. For Road Ahead part, it was mainly about Chinese influence—Chinoiserie.
Chinoiserie , (derived from the French word Chinois, meaning “Chinese”) is the European interpretation and imitation of Chinese and East Asian artistic traditions, especially in the decorative arts, garden design, architecture, literature, theater, and musical performances. First appearing in the 17th century, this trend was popularized in the 18th century due to the rise in trade with China and East Asia. As a style, chinoiserie is related to the Rococo style. Both styles are characterized by exuberant decoration, asymmetry, a focus on materials, and stylized nature and subject matter that focuses on leisure and pleasure, while chinoiserie focuses on subjects that were thought to be “Chinese.”—Wikipedia.
We usually do the pairing From Runway to Hallway after major fashion shows. Here are our pairings for Road Ahead part(Chinoiserie)
Dragon— Chinese dragons traditionally symbolize potent and auspicious powers, particularly control over water, rainfall, typhoons, and floods. The dragon is also a symbol of power, strength, and good luck for people who are worthy of it.
2. Phoenix–In ancient and modern Chinese culture, they can often be found in the decorations for weddings or royalty, along with dragons. This is because the Chinese considered the dragon and phoenix symbolic of blissful relations between husband and wife, another common yang and yin metaphor.
2. Red—Red is considered the luckiest color in China, and it is widely used during festivals and important events. It also symbolizes happiness and joy.
3. Blue—Blue represents the Wood element and also symbolizes spring, immortality and advancement.
4. Green— stands for wealth, harmony, growth;
PARIS, FRANCE – NOVEMBER 30: Cindy Bruna walks the runway during the 2016 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show on November 30, 2016 in Paris, France. (Photo by Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images for Victoria’s Secret)
Model Alessandra Ambrosio displays a creation during the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show inside the Grand Palais, in Paris, Wednesday, Nov. 30, 2016. The pulse-quickening, celebrity-filled catwalk event of the year : the Victoria’s Secret fashion show takes place in Paris with performances from Lady Gaga and Bruno Mars. (AP Photo/Francois Mori)
4. Pink—a shade of Red in Chinese.
PARIS, FRANCE – NOVEMBER 30: Taylor Hill walks the runway during the 2016 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show on November 30, 2016 in Paris, France. (Photo by Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images for Victoria’s Secret)
5. Purple—it stands for divinity and immortality.
6. Yellow—Yellow was the emperor’s colour in Imperial China and is held as the symbolic color of the five legendary emperors of ancient China. Yellow often decorates royal palaces, altars and temples, and the color was used in the robes and attire of the emperors.
Wouldn’t you fall in love with Chinoiserie after all of these beautiful fashion and interior pictures? Hope you feel inspired for your home projects