Note: All products featured on KHK Designs blogs are independently selected by us. Some of the links mentioned on this page are affiliate links. That means, when you use those links to buy products, we earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. That way we can run this website for years to come.
A bathroom needs to be clean and tidy first and all the time. But it doesn’t need to be purely functional , cold, and utilitarian, especially if you appreciate a nice atmosphere for bubble baths or mirror selfies. By adding a cozy chair, you’ll be amazed at how much it warms up the space and bring in a big style. To spark some creativity in your own home, we’ve collected a slew of bathroom ideas to help you create an oasis for spa-level relaxation and style at home.
Natural and Organic Touch
A petite natural wood or wicker stool will bring a touch of outdoor freshness to you bath to create a Zen-like soothing atmosphere.
While today’s baths are designed to promote a soothing, wellness-inspired feeling, organization and technology remain strong influences, particularly in bath accessories. Clean, clutter-free spaces are in high demand, which makes clever storage essential, while technology shows up in everything from charging stations and smart mirrors to streaming music.
Below are some of the hottest trends in bath accessories right now.
Organization continues to be a key trend, with growing demand for accessories that enhance storage for a wide variety of products. Click each image below for product details.
Customized storage continues to be in high demand, with flexible drawers and compartments that can be configured for everything from make up and medicine to towels and grooming appliances. Click each image below for product details.
Finishes are getting warmer, while mixed finishes are also trending in both bath faucets and accessories; matte black remains a popular choice, and white is also seeing interest, often paired with shades of warm gold, rose gold or brushed brass. Click each image below for product details.
Charging stations have found their way into the bath, as consumers who take their phones everywhere want charging access throughout the home. Hide-away outlets are also becoming a highly desired bath addition with homeowners enjoying the convenience of having a hair dryer or flat iron that can be used, then tucked out of sight in a drawer with its own hidden outlet. Click each image below for product details.
Music is the new hot bath accessory, with streaming music the latest must-have for those who want a spa-like space where they can relax and rejuvenate while enjoying their favorite play list. Likewise, smart mirrors add a bit of tech for those who want to enjoy catching up on the news while getting ready for the day.
Clean and clutter free looks remain on trend, which means accessories from grab bars to towel racks and paper holders are often designed to blend seamlessly into the overall decor. However, some accessories are being used as a focal point, including striking, artistically designed mirrors, self-contained plant gardens that thrive in shower steam and art pieces that bring a personal touch to the space. Click each image below for product details.
We couldn’t make to KBIS2020 this year but we were invited to Kohler Signature Store Irvine Grand Opening last night and were able to see some new products Kohler showcased at KBIS2020 which include Intelligent toilets, digital showering and an all-new lighting collection , bath accessories…
Kohler Lighting—KOHLER Lighting made its official debut at KBIS 2020, with six new collections that offer a range of choices for creative interior lighting solutions. The designs – from edgy industrial chic to classic understated form. And last night we were able to view some of its new lighting collections. Each of these lighting fixtures were designed by Kohler with the focus on bathroom and kitchen applications yet has the versatility and flair that can easily carry into other areas of the home, from entrance way chandeliers to dining room pendants.
2. Kohler Konnect : Based on our research, what’s new in Kohler’s Konnect concept is that its new Moxieshowerhead and wireless smart speaker blends the sophistication and design excellence of Kohler Performance Showering with a powerful range of impactful sound designed by Harman Kardon. The showerhead features a full coverage spray and delivers the benefits of connected bathroom technology through its portable smart speaker with Amazon Alexa and the KOHLER Konnect App.
3. Kitchen Sinks and Faucets: the Graze and Crue Collection of kitchen faucets embrace design and innovation to provide products that deliver superior performance. Each collection offers a model with voice capability through KOHLER Konnect, allowing homeowners to use simple commands to turn the water on and off and dispense measured amounts of water.
4.Kohler’s all new bath accessories.
5.KALLISTA’s new Argile™ Freestanding Bathtub, the first design represented in its fixtures’ collaboration with New York-based Workshop/APD. The tub’s unique half-moon shape is decorated with a textural raised pattern that cascades over the exterior in decorative relief offering an uncommon design not typically available within today’s mainstream marketplace.
6. ROBERN’s Vesper Vertical Lighting Collection . Boasting the same Robern technology, quality craftsmanship, and ease of installation its clientele has come to expect, the Vesper Vertical Lighting designs feature a modern, understated aesthetic and chic, barely there profile with three designs to fit myriad space configurations.
Other things we love about last night’s grand opening:
Shop the Style by clicking each image for product details:
Need design consulting service to finish your home projects, look for original designer pieces, custom-made product or need the whole interior design service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We are here to help.
Kohler plays big on artisan floral design for their sinks again. These floral sink designs are perfect for your powder rooms.
2. Love, love the colorful finishes on kitchen faucets. They truly bring fashion into the busy hub of home with a dose of humor . So, your kitchen is a place where you can laugh loudly and relax at the end of the day.
3. Tubs don’t need to be just in white finish. Life is more fun with colors.
4. Kohler really plays next level on their bath lighting fixtures thanks to LED technology. These adorable lighting fixtures are just like jewels in your bathrooms.
5. Mable tiles with brass inserts will guarantee to elevate your master bath in a magical way.
6. In case you are going to do some serious Chinese cooking:
7. Another way to make your kitchen & bath adorable:
Hi guys, here is our series 2 take-aways from KBIS2019 —we are going to highlight 9 trends in bath from what we saw at KBIS2019. There are are tons of new colors, new finishes, new technologies, new designs…In order to illustrate how cool all of these new things are, we will incorporate a lot of visual effects here. So, we would apologize here first if you feel there are just too much of them. Anyway, it’s time to grab a cup of coffee or glass of wine, sit back and just enjoy.
Color, color, color. You may just see either white or beige for lavatory sink finish options in your local home improvement stores, but definitely not here in KBIS:These lavatory sinks are made out of fireclay and stain-resistant. We love these warm tones which give design more options, specially for making a statement in the powder rooms.
3. Heated bubble massage tub:
4. Creative LED lighting application
5. Product for small space design.
6. Intelligent technology
7. Digital shower
9. Minimum design with a classic touch.
In case you haven’t read our series-I take-aways from KBIS2019, here is the link
I am so happy to read an article in the WSJ that “After decades of stark, formulaic interiors, design is giving way to maximalism—a luxurious riot of color and pattern.” You can read this article right here
A powder room is where you wow your guests. This powder room features pink designer wallpaper, pale blue wainscot panelings, crown moldings, a Waterworks washstand, gilded Louis XVI gilded gold leaf mirror, a custom upholstered floral petite chair, modern marble floor and framed artworks. The mix-and-match approach of layers, patterns and objects make the space intrigue, elegant and sophisticated. The transformation from minimalism to maximalism truly deliver a big wow!
It’s Friday! We have a beautiful sunny day today here in SoCal! Do you have any big plan for your Friday? We finally finished installation for this master bath. The client loves the tile work and pink chinoiserie wallpaper. And of course the vanity and seating zone. Here are 6 ways for us to create such a relaxing retreat.
Always have the best and newest tile design in the master bath. You know you will probably not going to do any works in the next 10 years. Plus what other places would you like to show off the beautiful tile work?
Choose high-fashion vanity. You know what I am talking about, not standard, plain wood cabinet. We want elegant furniture in the master bath.
Go for wallpaper. It’s like you dress up your master bath. It’s high fashion.
Set up a relaxing seating area. It’s cozy and inviting.
Have drapery installed. It’s more formal and lady-like. It actually make the space look bigger and soothier.
Have the good lighting design because you want to look good when you see yourself in the mirror.