Many years ago, when we did a remodeling project for our client, we were planning to create a curb-less shower for the client thanks to her love and passion for the sleek modern design. We used large-format tiles for their bathrooms from the floors to the walls. And we wanted to continue that seamless large-format tile into the shower floor by building a curb-less shower. Back then, because of the situation of the client original shower, local codes and limit of available products , we had to changed that plan. Nowadays, with more innovative products available in the market, more trained skilled labors, thriving of universal design, and manufacturers’ willing to work with local municipalities for any code issues,a curb-less shower looks like much easier to achieve than ever before.Continue reading
We often introduce new concepts and ideas to our clients. And they love to try these unique ideas. Patterned tiling for focal walls was kind of idea we introduced to the clients many years ago. Those beautifully designed wall tiles not only add interest, depth and dimension to the walls, they are extremely good at reflecting lighting and creating very special lighting effect. Tiles don’t absorb odors and are very easy to clean and disinfect. Some of them are even featured with anti-microbial function which may play an important role for home’s special requirement today at the crisis of Covid-19 pandemics. Continue reading
Note: All products featured on KHK Designs blogs are independently selected by us. Some of the links mentioned on this page are affiliate links. That means, when you use those links to buy products, we earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. That way we can run this website for years to come.
A bathroom needs to be clean and tidy first and all the time. But it doesn’t need to be purely functional , cold, and utilitarian, especially if you appreciate a nice atmosphere for bubble baths or mirror selfies. By adding a cozy chair, you’ll be amazed at how much it warms up the space and bring in a big style. To spark some creativity in your own home, we’ve collected a slew of bathroom ideas to help you create an oasis for spa-level relaxation and style at home.
Natural and Organic Touch
A petite natural wood or wicker stool will bring a touch of outdoor freshness to you bath to create a Zen-like soothing atmosphere.
Shop the Look
An upholstered chair injects a dose of elegance and warmth to any bathroom big or small.
While today’s baths are designed to promote a soothing, wellness-inspired feeling, organization and technology remain strong influences, particularly in bath accessories. Clean, clutter-free spaces are in high demand, which makes clever storage essential, while technology shows up in everything from charging stations and smart mirrors to streaming music.
Below are some of the hottest trends in bath accessories right now.
- Organization continues to be a key trend, with growing demand for accessories that enhance storage for a wide variety of products. Click each image below for product details.
- Customized storage continues to be in high demand, with flexible drawers and compartments that can be configured for everything from make up and medicine to towels and grooming appliances. Click each image below for product details.
- Finishes are getting warmer, while mixed finishes are also trending in both bath faucets and accessories; matte black remains a popular choice, and white is also seeing interest, often paired with shades of warm gold, rose gold or brushed brass. Click each image below for product details.
- Charging stations have found their way into the bath, as consumers who take their phones everywhere want charging access throughout the home. Hide-away outlets are also becoming a highly desired bath addition with homeowners enjoying the convenience of having a hair dryer or flat iron that can be used, then tucked out of sight in a drawer with its own hidden outlet. Click each image below for product details.
- Music is the new hot bath accessory, with streaming music the latest must-have for those who want a spa-like space where they can relax and rejuvenate while enjoying their favorite play list. Likewise, smart mirrors add a bit of tech for those who want to enjoy catching up on the news while getting ready for the day.
- Clean and clutter free looks remain on trend, which means accessories from grab bars to towel racks and paper holders are often designed to blend seamlessly into the overall decor. However, some accessories are being used as a focal point, including striking, artistically designed mirrors, self-contained plant gardens that thrive in shower steam and art pieces that bring a personal touch to the space. Click each image below for product details.
We couldn’t make to KBIS2020 this year but we were invited to Kohler Signature Store Irvine Grand Opening last night and were able to see some new products Kohler showcased at KBIS2020 which include Intelligent toilets, digital showering and an all-new lighting collection , bath accessories…
- Kohler Lighting—KOHLER Lighting made its official debut at KBIS 2020, with six new collections that offer a range of choices for creative interior lighting solutions. The designs – from edgy industrial chic to classic understated form. And last night we were able to view some of its new lighting collections. Each of these lighting fixtures were designed by Kohler with the focus on bathroom and kitchen applications yet has the versatility and flair that can easily carry into other areas of the home, from entrance way chandeliers to dining room pendants.
2. Kohler Konnect : Based on our research, what’s new in Kohler’s Konnect concept is that its new Moxie showerhead and wireless smart speaker blends the sophistication and design excellence of Kohler Performance Showering with a powerful range of impactful sound designed by Harman Kardon. The showerhead features a full coverage spray and delivers the benefits of connected bathroom technology through its portable smart speaker with Amazon Alexa and the KOHLER Konnect App.
3. Kitchen Sinks and Faucets: the Graze and Crue Collection of kitchen faucets embrace design and innovation to provide products that deliver superior performance. Each collection offers a model with voice capability through KOHLER Konnect, allowing homeowners to use simple commands to turn the water on and off and dispense measured amounts of water.
4.Kohler’s all new bath accessories.
5.KALLISTA’s new Argile™ Freestanding Bathtub, the first design represented in its fixtures’ collaboration with New York-based Workshop/APD. The tub’s unique half-moon shape is decorated with a textural raised pattern that cascades over the exterior in decorative relief offering an uncommon design not typically available within today’s mainstream marketplace.
6. ROBERN’s Vesper Vertical Lighting Collection . Boasting the same Robern technology, quality craftsmanship, and ease of installation its clientele has come to expect, the Vesper Vertical Lighting designs feature a modern, understated aesthetic and chic, barely there profile with three designs to fit myriad space configurations.
Other things we love about last night’s grand opening:
Shop the Style by clicking each image for product details:
Need design consulting service to finish your home projects, look for original designer pieces, custom-made product or need the whole interior design service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We are here to help.
- Kohler plays big on artisan floral design for their sinks again. These floral sink designs are perfect for your powder rooms.
2. Love, love the colorful finishes on kitchen faucets. They truly bring fashion into the busy hub of home with a dose of humor . So, your kitchen is a place where you can laugh loudly and relax at the end of the day.
3. Tubs don’t need to be just in white finish. Life is more fun with colors.
5. Mable tiles with brass inserts will guarantee to elevate your master bath in a magical way.
6. In case you are going to do some serious Chinese cooking:
7. Another way to make your kitchen & bath adorable:
Hello, everyone, here is our part II tile trends in 2019. If you haven’t red the part I, please click here to learn more
I recently attended Daltile designer event for the showcase of new tile products. I feel it is pretty amazing specially I can find the local manufactures who custom-made such fashionable and cool design tiles right here in our backyard. Here are 2 of trends I observed from the showcase:
- Moroccan tile influence : Moroccan tiles are famous for its hand-made quality, its uniqueness, fun patterns and craftsmanship. People start to bring these vibes to machine-made ceramic tiles with lower cost and much-faster lead time. Here are some samples I found from the showcase:
2. Color, color, color : there will be more bold colors for tile design in 2019. I did a lot of grey tile projects in the past several years and I am open to some fashionable and bold colors.
I found coral and red at the showcase. The colors do make me feel excited:
KBIS has been always such a exciting event for the design industry. Once a year, it shows what’s new in kitchen & bath industry. We found some interesting products and design concepts by following blogs and Instagram. Matte black, copper, brass , geometric design, large metal farm sinks, colors and technologies seemed dominated KBIS2018. Here are some of our top picks. Enjoy!
Above 8 of photos are from Quintessence blog. Please read details here
Here are some top picks from Instagram.
I am so happy to read an article in the WSJ that “After decades of stark, formulaic interiors, design is giving way to maximalism—a luxurious riot of color and pattern.” You can read this article right here
A powder room is where you wow your guests. This powder room features pink designer wallpaper, pale blue wainscot panelings, crown moldings, a Waterworks washstand, gilded Louis XVI gilded gold leaf mirror, a custom upholstered floral petite chair, modern marble floor and framed artworks. The mix-and-match approach of layers, patterns and objects make the space intrigue, elegant and sophisticated. The transformation from minimalism to maximalism truly deliver a big wow!
It’s casual, relaxing yet elegant and sophisticated. We predict that French country chic with a touch of glamor in neutrals and pastels will be one of strong trends in 2017.