The wood furniture, wick wall decor and chinoiserie touch on pillows and vases magically transform a rather polished and glamorous living room to a home getaway with a casual and relaxing vibe. This summer, we might not be able to travel the world, but we can create a resort decor at home and bring things that are natural and exotic to please our heart. Interested in how we did this resort-style living room? Now you can download our design packages:Continue reading
Our color of in July is red. We have being talked about it for a while. Color of red is cheerful, warm, fashion-forward. At the same time, it can be romantic, classic and moody. Today we are going to share 15 living rooms. with a touch of red.
Iconic Lip Sofa
When we talk about color of red at home, the first thing that comes out of mind is probably Dali’s iconic lip sofa. Around 1935, Spanish artist Salvador Dalí saw something special in the face of movie star Mae West: an apartment. In a watercolor, he turned her blonde curls into portières, her eyes into paintings, her nose into a fireplace, and her lips into a divan. The last was a furnishing so provocative that British arts patron Edward James requested a three-dimensional version. The rest is the history.
The lip sofa is just such a sculptural piece that make a focal point at any space.Continue reading
Here is the living room we just did last week. The house itself is kind of old Meditation style and the owner wants to give it face-lift starting from her living room. Our intension is to fresh it up while keeping the original architectural bone. Here are 5 steps we did for this project:
- Paint the walls, ceilings and moldings in same color to create muted backdrop for later furnishings pop up.
- Open up the whole room by using more less chunky and heavy furniture.
- Different style chairs and sofa make the space more playful.
- Use warm pastel colors to make the room lighter and airier.
- Plays patterns and textures on accent pillows.
- Have brass and guided gold-leaf to give the room classic and expensive looking.