Have you watched Olympics? What are some of your favorite moments? Watching Olympic games have been one of our traditions since we love sports and love being active. And the most important thing is to get inspired and learn how Olympians make their dreams come true in those high-pressure moments after years of hardworking.
Besides watching the races, we also love to learn the different cultures. There are travel bans for this year’s Olympic. But we are able to learn Japan’s culture through Today’s programs. Here is one of our favorites:
“Invited for a traditional Japanese lunch by the Sakura (Japanese for “cherry blossom”) restaurant at the Hilton Odaiba hotel in Tokyo, Savannah Guthrie, Hoda Kotb, Al Roker and Craig Melvin enjoyed mashed turnip soup, pulled beef, sashimi, tempura and, of course – sake! » Subscribe to TODAY: http://on.today.com/SubscribeToTODAY » Watch the latest from TODAY: http://bit.ly/LatestTODAY “
Kaiseki or kaiseki-ryōri is a traditional multi-course Japanese dinner. The term also refers to the collection of skills and techniques that allow the preparation of such meals and is analogous to Western haute cuisine. There are two kinds of traditional Japanese meal styles called kaiseki or kaiseki-ryōri… click here to read more
Shop Our Handpicked Japanese Sushi Sets:
Enjoy sushi date night at home with this hand painted plate and ramekin set for 2. This listing includes 2 plates, 2 ramekins and 2 sets of chopsticks. One of a kind design of metallic gold and black bamboo and birds painted on white porcelain dishware. The paints I use are non-toxic and the stoneware is heat cured. Though heat curing allows for safe dish machine washing, I recommend cleaning your dishware by hand to ensure many years of happy use.
Dimensions- Each plate is 5.25″ square, ramekins are 3.25″ and 1.5″ deep
Your item will ship FREE via USPS Priority 2-3 day with insurance included.
- Materials: Ceramic
Sushi set for one/two persons
• One resatngle plate
• Two sauce dishes
• One pair of sushi sticks
Lead-Free Food-Safe Glaze
Length – 9″ (22cm )
Width – 5.3″ (13cm
∙ Dishwasher and microwave safe
∙ Every item is handmade and will have slight variations from the one pictured
∙ Slight glaze variations are normal
RAKU POTTERY TECHNIQUE
It is a fascinating and exciting technique that has its origins in 16th century Japan. It continues to bewitch, excite and amaze me, day after day: its charm lies in the moment in which I extract the incandescent object from the kiln (1000 °C/1832 °F) and I give it fire. It is a very delicate moment, in which I remain breathless, because in these few minutes my every action transforms the glaze and can change the final chromatic result dramatically. This is why each piece is unique and unrepeatable. The naked flame is used to create the decorative effects typical of Raku, such as metallic lustres in which the color fades from copper to violet to blue and green, and craklè which are a fanciful network of black marks covering the surface of the glaze.
Raku differs from traditional ceramics mainly for this last firing phase that takes place in a living flame, where fire, smoke, water, oxygen or the lack of oxygen come into play to create unique and unrepeatable chromatic effect.
Sushi dinnerware set includes two 8.5 inch x 5 inch rectangular plate, two 3.5 square inches sauce dishes and two pairs of chopsticks
Great for everyday use or for special occasions. Since these are designed for two, it is perfect for anniversary, birthdays, or valentine’s day dinner
This set is handmade in Japan using special glazing technique. Microwave and Dishwasher safe
Perfect decorative accessory for any kitchen countertop or dining table setting. Perfect for any sushi or sashimi lover
Great gift for any occasion; Birthdays, Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Graduation, House Warming
This sushi set includes 2 soy sauce bowls, 2 chopstick rests and 2 sushi plates for 12 to 15 pieces (depending on size and presentation). I modeled this set by hand with red clay and then treated it with an ash glaze of my own recipe. The green set is decorated with a sgraphed floral motif, and the grey set was decorated using a brush.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed creating it!
Plates: 4.9 x 9 in
Bowls: diameter 3.9 in / high 1.3 in
Chopstick rests: 2.7 x 0.9 in
Chopstick not included.
Lead free pieces. Dishwasher and microwave safe.
- 🎏【Food Grade Material】Sushi tableware set is made of high-quality porcelain has a smooth surface, 5mm Thickened design. The enamel surface is free of debris and easy to clean. The sushi set is suitable for dishwashers, refrigerators, and microwaves. This plate set makes your food more delicious, showing that your cooking skills are superior.
- 🍘 【Japanese Sushi Plate Set 】Sushi plates set includes：2 sushi plates 10.9 *5.1*0.5 inch, 2 sauce dishes 2.9*2.9*1.4 inch, 2 Chopstick holders 2.9*1.3*0.4 inch and 2 sets of chopsticks 9.6 inches, The beautiful porcelain sushi dinnerware set for 2. Great for family gatherings or more elegant soirees.
- 🍣【Multipurpose Ceramic Set】Sushi serving kit can be used not only for sushi, but also for other foods such as fruits, cookies, snacks, cupcakes, or other snacks, and also for appetizers, pasta, salads and other main dishes, that effectively save your time and money.
- 🍣【Easy To Clean】Sushi tray set adoption quality ceramic material and provide a comfortable place to grip made so very texture. Simply throw bowls into the top rack of your dishwasher or scrub by hand, ceramic makes it easy to clean.
SUSHI DATE NIGHT Sushi Plate Ramekin and Chop Stick Set for 2 Hand Painted Gold and Black Bamboo design on porcelain plates unique plate set
- Sushi Serving Trays’s Material: 100% new and made by Russian white pine,varnish on the surface,food-grade material,safe and healthy.【【Please note that Sold by Kichgather, we can’t do after-sales service for others】】！！！
- Wooden Sushi Boats’s Size: The small one – 20*7.7*5.1”; the large one – 27.6*9.8*6.3”, Two different size you will choose according to your need.
- Sushi ship’s Use Occasion: Perfect for any table or counter at catering events, buffet or any eating venue, great for restaurant or home. Commercial quality, a great way to impress your dinner guests as you serve your sushi creations or anything else you desire. Made by professional craftsmen and ideal for sushi serving.
- Sushi plates is easy to clean. Occasionally apply mineral oil to retain appearance of this elegant sushi tray,simple shape, beautiful look, Internal water withou leakage.Eco-friendly, natural material and food-grade material,good quality, great choice for a holiday gift.
Apilco’s Zen collection offers a clean, simple backdrop to highlight the colors, shapes and textures of food. Ideal for serving Asian specialties, these pieces provide an elegant presentation for all kinds of cooking. Like all Apilco dinnerware, the dishes are finely crafted of durable porcelain for years of service.
- Made of high-fired porcelain.
- Microwavable and dishwasher safe.
- 5-piece place setting includes dinner plate, salad plate, individual bowl and cup with saucer.
- 10-piece set includes two 5-piece place settings.
- Dinnerware pieces available in sets of two online (rice bowls in sets of four), or individually in our stores.
- Made in France.
- Materials: clay, ceramics, stoneware, hand painted, glazeRead the full description
- Height: 8 inches
- Width: 14 inches
This artistic sake set will add elegance to any occasion. The set has been photographed with 5 sake cups, but will come with 6 sake cups in total. This set is made to order and can be shipped 7-10 days after order is placed.
The creamy matte glaze has been hand painted on chestnut brown clay.The set is dishwasher safe, but microwave use is not recommended.
- Height: 9 inches
- Width: 4 1/4 inches
- Depth: 14 1/2 inches
This sake set will add elegance to any occasion. The bottle holds 9 to 10ounces of liquid and each of the cups is approximately 2 1/4 inches high with a 1 1/4 inch opening. The set is microwave and dishwasher safe.
Click here to shop our handpicked on-going Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2021!