Happy National Textiles Day! From fashionable style to everyday necessity, textiles provide us with a wealth of design possibilities. For interiors, choosing right fabric does a magic for a room, specially when we are in a process to create an elegant and feminie room. Here is the before-and-after family project we did.
Here are 6 steps we did for this project:
- Repainted the walls in a pale lilac color. The original yellow is too powerful and strong. The pale lilac is feminie, subtle, calm and sophisticated. It adds a touch of spring freshness to the room.
- Installed lilac drapery panels with green greek key trims to give the room an elegant, neat, relaxing and tailored looking.
- Arranged a newly upholstered emerald green velvet banquette against the window to lend a hand of comfy and coziness.
- The geometric pattern and pop colors on the pillows light up the whole room and make it chic, interesting and modern.
- Grouped two art works rather than one on the wall to make the wall more visually balanced and pleasant.
- Spring blooms in pale pink, lilac, blue and white continue the color theme of the room and signal the time of the year.