We are continuing our 5 Celebrities’ Styles at Home series today to start a whole new week. Today will be our episode 2—Tony Burch at Home. You can click here to read episode I.
Tory Burch at Home
Tory Burch (née Robinson; born June 17, 1966) is an American fashion designer, businesswoman and philanthropist. She is the Executive Chairman and Chief Creative Officer of her own brand, Tory Burch LLC. She was listed as the 73rd most powerful woman in the world by Forbes in 2015.
And here is a little bit more info about her on Forbes.
- Fashion mogul Tory Burch’s preppy-chic lifestyle brand brings in $1.5 billion in sales from apparel, footwear, watches, accessories, and fragrances.
- The art history grad worked with designers Ralph Lauren and Vera Wang before opening a boutique in New York City’s Nolita neighborhood in 2004.
- In December 2018, Burch became executive chairman and chief creative officer of the $1.5 billion (est. revenue) fashion company that bears her name.
- Pierre-Yves Roussel, a former LVMH executive and Burch’s husband, took over the CEO position.
- In March 2019, Bank of America committed $100 million to her decade-old charitable foundation that has been helping women entrepreneurs since 2014.
New York Apartment
Artfully layered furnishings, each in vibrant shades of red, orange or green, sit by opulent wallpaper or deco-style monochrome walls. Prints—of flora and fauna, geometric, all ebullient—are recurring fixtures. So are artworks, both large and small, Chinese pottery and old collectables. The overall effect is a luxurious riot of bright hues and patterns. “It’s eclectic,” says Burch, “and very much me.”
“I’m not a big collector, not compared to them at least. What I have always liked about my parents is how they used to gather things together, and in the house, not because of their value but because of their style and beauty. I try to do the same with the items I purchase. I just love mixing pieces from different periods. The old with the new.”