If this is super busy week for you and you really tried to do your best and it looks like that you really haven’t made that much progress still. I guess you must feel anxious and not in the mood to plan your weekend. Well, I am totally with you. But maybe it is time to slow down and take a break. Here are some beautiful soothy rooms definitely help calm you down. So please sit back and just enjoy!
Hello, guys, TGIF! It’s another long and hot week. I hope everyone is still doing great! Have you read my 6 Designer Wall Covering Ideas to Uplift Your Interiors I? If you haven’t, please click here to read And today, I am going to share the rest 3 ideas that you can do to elevate your living space without doing big construction job.
4. Hang some artworks (or create a gallery wall) that talk to you and coordinate or uniform your current interiors. The frame, the theme, color palettes, the arrangement and how high you should hang them onto the walls all play important roles to create that pleasant artsy decor. Click here to learn some tips on how to hang your artwork like a pro.
5. Stencil them up. You may not a big fan of wallpaper, although they are not your grandmother’s wallpaper and there are tones of cool designs out there and they are also much easier to get rid of in case you change your mind. You can stencil you walls instead. The key thing here is you’d got some patterns that work in your space and you have a good painter who know how to do a good job.
6. Just install an over-sized mirror to bounce light, reflect space, create a dilution of much bigger space.
In my recent posts, I talked a lot about paint colors, but choosing the right finishes is equally important to reach the goal. Often different paint companies have different terms for their finishes. So, it might be confused and a little bit intiminated when you have to choose your paint colors. So, today I will share Here 5 tips to make the process easier:
Understand the sheens: first of all, please don’t worry that you have to choose at least dozens of sheens from different brands . Most brands of paint come in several sheens, and both latex and oil-based paints are available in different sheen levels. Gloss sheens have the highest light-reflective characteristics. Next are semigloss sheens; then satin, eggshell, or low-lustre sheens; and then flat or matte sheens. So, general speaking, here are basic 6 sheens : flat, matte, satin, eggshell, semi-gloss and high-gloss. The lower the sheen, typically means the lower the cost per gallon. Since homes tend to have multiple bedrooms to paint, you can actually save a few bucks by choosing flat or matte paint for these rooms.
2. Decide finishes by how busy the traffic is in those spaces: rule of the thumb here is the higher the sheen, the higher the shine — and the higher the shine, the more durable it will be and the easier it can cleaned. Flat paint has no shine; high-gloss is all shine. In between are eggshell, satin, and semi-gloss, each with its own practical and decorative job to do. So I guess you get it, high gloss will be perfect for kitchen & bath areas.
Practical application: kitchens, door, and window trim
Durability: very high
Good for rooms where moisture, drips, and grease stains challenge walls. Also great for trim work that takes a lot of abuse.
Has a yummy luster that, despite the name, is often described as velvety. It’s easy to clean, making it excellent for high-traffic areas. Its biggest flaw is it reveals application flaws, such as roller or brush strokes. Touch-ups later can be tricky.
Practical application: family rooms, foyers, hallways, kids’ bedrooms
Between satin and flat on the sheen (and durability) scale is eggshell, so named because it’s essentially a flat (no-shine) finish with little luster, like a chicken’s egg. Eggshell covers wall imperfections well and is a great finish for gathering spaces that don’t get a lot of bumps and scuffs.
Practical application: dining rooms, living rooms
Flat or Matte
fFat/matte soaks up, rather than reflects, light. It has the most pigment and will provide the most coverage, which translates to time and money savings. However, it’s tough to clean without taking paint off with the grime.
Practical application: adults’ bedrooms and other interior rooms that won’t be roughed up by kids
3. Decide finishes by the conditions of the walls.
Glossy sheen will highlight any imperfections in the surface. Allocate yourself time to deep clean the wall, spackle any holes, and let the surface fully dry.
Eggshell is great for spaces that are lived-in but not quite as exposed to the messes and moisture frequently found in kitchens and bathrooms.
Satin hey’re also excellent at resisting mildew, dirt and stains (they can better withstand cleaning and light scrubbing) making them more suitable for frequently used spaces than their eggshell counterparts. Try this finish in hallways, children’s rooms and on woodwork that will need to withstand modest wear and tear.
Flat and Matte- great for hiding surface imperfections making walls look smooth. This finish, which cleans easily with a damp sponge.
4. Decide finishes by aesthetic:
The higher the sheen, the more vivid and rich your color will appear, making it ideal for deep, jewel-toned colors such as reds, forest greens and navy blues. Experts are partial to this finish for wood surfaces, such as trim, cabinets and doors, but only when blemishes are minimal as shinier surfaces make flaws more evident.
5. Open to the new technologies: there are new paints with new technologies. For example, Benjamin Moore just develops new matte finish which can be used in bathroom and super durable and easy to clean.
Hi, guys, 4th July is just around the corner, what is your biggest plan for the day? Chill out by the beach, host a backyard BBQ summer party, join a local parade or go on for a solo trip? No matter what you do, it’s time to celebrate since we all work hard and deserve a little summer break. In order to put you in mood for celebration, we choose some pretty patriotic color–scheme interiors, trust us, it is not your grandma’s home. All of the design we choose here has used hottest color trends in 2019. So just sit back and relax with a cup of coffee/kabucha tea or a glass of wine.
Well, with color of red, we know the theme is going to be cheerful and all shades of blue really go strong in 2019 and beyond.
2. Incorporating Living coral instead red with navy blue or cobalt blue guarantee your home look upscaled and fashionable.
3. If you are not a big fan of red or coral or orange, you can just use those colors as little doses as you want.
Wouldn’t you agree with me that a jewel box room often make us happier and more cheerful? Well, it’s a summer time and the time to break out those white boxes and make our living space fun and inspiring. So here are 7 ways to create a jewel-box room:
Have a rich jewel-tone color-scheme: ruby red and emerald green, yellow topaz and sapphire blue, these modern furniture favorites were made to be dressed in vivid gemstone colors.
2. Have a bold and unique element:
3. Pattern on pattern:
4. Layering them up:
5. Bring in jewel-tone accessories. Accessories are a great way to bring jewel tone into any space.
Guys, it’s middle of the week. We probably all need a little bit refreshing break from the busy week. I recently went to an art opening reception and was really amazed by how they styled the table with all natural ingredients and beautiful spring colors. Of course, the food was just beyond fresh and delicious. Everything was made from scratch. So they are local and very Los Angeles. Here are some photos and a video I would love to share with you:
In case, you are interested in learning their story, here is the link. I hope you get some inspirations for your backyard spring parties. Life is about celebrating the moments.
I am always looking for inspiration from my surroundings, nature, tech, art… And , of course, the fashion. I am so so fascinated by this week’s Paris Couture Fashion Show. It is the best time to stretch one’s imagination. Don’t you agree with me?
One of my favorites is Valentino Couture. The house designer Pierpaolo Piccioli truely took ‘ Florals for Spring’ to a new level. It is beyond ordinary beautiful. From the fresh color palettes to romantic dreamy floral patterns, these designs are such joyful eye candies. It looks like the designer brought a spring garden to runway. I couldn’t wait to share them with you:
It’s Tuesday house tour time. We will take a look inside designer Ralph Lauren’s Bedford, New York house, Colorado ranch, and Manhattan office. Lauren is the first fashion designer to offer a comprehensive home-furnishings line, which he crafts around themed lifestyle collections.
Wouldn’t be nice we have this long weekend holiday and it’s in May. It’s such a beautiful season to pamper ourselves with all of Spring beauties. My favorite are always about blue-and-whites, greenery, pink blooms, gardens, sunshine, fresh air… How about you? How are you going to celebrate MemorialLong-weekend?
For some weired reason, I always have a mood for color of pink on Wednesday. What about you? What is your mood color on Wednesday? From hot pink, blush to muted pastel, pink always evokes feeling of romance, dream, elegance, feminism, sophistication and sweetness.
It looks like we do use a lot of pink in our design projects.