Hello, everyone, here is our part II tile trends in 2019. If you haven’t red the part I, please click here to learn more
I recently attended Daltile designer event for the showcase of new tile products. I feel it is pretty amazing specially I can find the local manufactures who custom-made such fashionable and cool design tiles right here in our backyard. Here are 2 of trends I observed from the showcase:
Moroccan tile influence : Moroccan tiles are famous for its hand-made quality, its uniqueness, fun patterns and craftsmanship. People start to bring these vibes to machine-made ceramic tiles with lower cost and much-faster lead time. Here are some samples I found from the showcase:
2. Color, color, color : there will be more bold colors for tile design in 2019. I did a lot of grey tile projects in the past several years and I am open to some fashionable and bold colors.
I found coral and red at the showcase. The colors do make me feel excited:
In case you just want to have a quick make-over of your kitchen, re-painting your kitchen cabinets might be one of the fastest ways to achieve this goal. However, there are some principles you can follow to make the result of your painting job look good. Here are 5 principles in the aspects of prep, tools, kinds of paints, paint finishes, coatings…
If you are thinking how to make your kitchen more efficient, more supportive for healthy eating and more fun for entertaining, here are 5 underrated appliances you definitely should consider to incorporate in your kitchen project: click here for detail
Remodeling is always a such a daunting job for most of home owners. There are so many factors you have to consider. Here are 12 ideas can pay them off in the long run.
Paint walls. A fresh coat of paint can breathe new life into a space, tidy up faded walls, and works to set the stage for the look and feel of the room.
2. Paint the front door.
Curb appeal is everything, a fresh coat of paint, polished hardware, and a tidy porch will catch the eye of buyers every time.
3. Paint kitchen cabinets
The kitchen is the heart of the home and the place where family and friends hang out together all the time. The instant make-over of your kitchen is to paint those cabinets. Paint can work wonders on everything, and kitchen cabinets are no exception. If you like kitchen and colors, here are some inspirations.
4. Invest in architectural details such as millwork and trim. The moldings and frame always give a home a sense that it is ‘finished’ and can make people feel that the space has been carefully constructed with quality.
Wouldn’t be nice to have a cozy and intimate eat-in area in your kitchen. The built-in banquette solution, for sure, help achieve this kitchen goal while often providing neat looking and extra storage. Here are some of or favorites.
If you are planning a kitchen remodeling this year, you probably would like to know what’s in at the current moment. Who doesn’t want to have the newest and best materials, products and design options for their home remodeling projects. Plus, to get to know the trends always help you a lot on how to decide to invest your money wisely in terms of the resale values. Here are 7 most popular trends in kitchen & bath modeling projects:
The most popular feature to upgrade in a renovated kitchen was the countertop, followed by the sink and backsplash, according to the survey. Faucets, wall finishes, lighting fixtures and cabinets were next on the upgrade list.
The most popular kitchen countertop material is engineered quartz. White and multicolored countertops top the list.
Wood floors are the top choice for kitchen flooring replacement. and wood tone is the most popular color.
Shaker is the most popular cabinet style by far.The most popular cabinet style among those upgrading their cabinets was Shaker, followed by flat-panel (also known as slab).
White cabinets continue to rule kitchen cabinet upgrading followed by wood cabinets.
KBIS has been always such a exciting event for the design industry. Once a year, it shows what’s new in kitchen & bath industry. We found some interesting products and design concepts by following blogs and Instagram. Matte black, copper, brass , geometric design, large metal farm sinks, colors and technologies seemed dominated KBIS2018. Here are some of our top picks. Enjoy!
Above 8 of photos are from Quintessence blog. Please read details here
We all agree that kitchen is the heart of home. Today, people treat kitchen more like a new living room, where, besides cooking, they lounge, entertain and host get- together parties. Therefore, kitchen design has shifted from traditional triangle focus to creating multi-functional zones.
1. Clean lines, built-ins and simple door styles dominate kitchen designs. Contemporary- styled kitchens will overtake traditional to be the second most popular design after transitional. Emerging: industrial and mid century modern. Mountain modern and coastal are variations on contemporary.
2. White and gray painted cabinets dominate kitchen color schemes and show no signs of slowing down, especially gray. Blue painted and high gloss cabinets are emerging. For overall color schemes, blue as well as black are emerging.
3. Two-toned kitchens are gaining in popularity. Also mixing it up: materials and metals, across surfaces and as accents.
4.While wood cabinets dominate kitchen designs, metal – currently a small segment of the cabinet market – appears to be emerging. Metal cabinets are most frequently specified by younger and male designers.
5.Furniture-look pieces, rollouts, pullouts and under cabinet lighting (LED) are among the most popular kitchen cabinet features. Crown molding is declining. Rustic and reclaimed woods were mentioned.
6.Quartz is the most popular kitchen countertop material, and trending up. Granite, the second most popular countertop material, is trending down.
7. Induction cooktops and convection ovens are trending higher, and microwave drawers are outpacing freestanding or built-in microwaves.
8. Technology in the kitchen is increasing. About one-third of NKBA professionals included wiring and pathways for future tech integration. Also trending: internet connected appliances and docking stations.
9.Interior barn and pocket doors are trending up.
10. Accessible and/or universal design features continue to trend up for kitchens.
For more NKBA studies on this topic, please click here