The wood furniture, wick wall decor and chinoiserie touch on pillows and vases magically transform a rather polished and glamorous living room to a home getaway with a casual and relaxing vibe. This summer, we might not be able to travel the world, but we can create a resort decor at home and bring things that are natural and exotic to please our heart. Interested in how we did this resort-style living room? Now you can download our design packages:Continue reading
It is always a fun to create a home style that reflects who we are as a person. So we can be best ourselves by living here. To have a timeless style is to stay true to ourselves. So take time to sought out the style and pick the objects that we are in love with.
This living room we designed here is chic, glamorous and ladylike. It is for someone who appreciates art and beautiful things, who has a distinguished taste and loves the details. A touch of red on the channeled sofa, the floral print skirted chair add dose of romance.Continue reading
Note: All products featured on KHK Designs blogs are independently selected by us. Some of the links mentioned on this page are affiliate links. That means, when you use those links to buy products, we earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. That way we can run this website for years to come.
The concert was pretty awesome. The star-studded benefit featured at-home performances by the likes of Alicia Keys, Camila Cabello and Shawn Mendes, Dave Grohl and more. Tim McGraw, Green Day‘s Billie Joe Armstrong and Sam Smith also performed, while Demi Lovato, Lizzo and Lady Gaga made special appearances during the evening encouraging fans with messages of hope and positivity.
For us, we are also very excited to see a little bit how these celebrities live and what their living rooms look like. Read on to see our 9 takeaways on how these Celebrities’ live.
1. The navy blue sofas are the most popular ones in these celebrities home.
Shop the Look(click each image for product details):
The Client loves modernity but would like to add elegance and warmth for Orange County Hill Project.
Here are 5 ways to create a modern glamorous living room:
- Keep the color palette simple—yes, we continue with blue-and-white color palette. You can click here for the whole portfolio.
- Add more layers, textures and patterns—the tufting on the sofa, the brass frame, the blue trim on the lampshade. and the pattern of chinoiserie vase and tray.
- Have fresh flowers and they truly make the space alive and add a touch of elegance.
- The side table with the skirted tablecloth softens the room.
- Yes, velvet pillows in all kinds with lavender in blue undertone.
Shop the Look for the Instant Gratification:
<a target=”_blank” href=”https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07774MSJS/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B07774MSJS&linkCode=as2&tag=khkd-20&linkId=a91f6559167dfb8c8c14dcbb2ace950b”>Jean Pierre New York Lucas Lumbar Velvet 2-Piece Decorative Pillow Set, 14in. x 24in, Navy</a><img src=”//ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=khkd-20&l=am2&o=1&a=B07774MSJS” width=”1″ height=”1″ border=”0″ alt=”” style=”border:none !important; margin:0px !important;” />
Interested in getting the prices for designer pieces:
Interested in our interior design packages, please contact email@example.com
Hi, guys, hope you are having a big Labor Day weekend plan, for example, doing a quick make-over for your home and ready to go strong in the rest of 2019. If so, I am going to share 3 ways to do a quick make-over for your living room.
- Declutter as much as you can. By doing so, your mind is kind of going through cleansing too. Guarantee you will feel super refreshing after the task.
- Get some new decor pillows with new colors and patterns. If you would like to know which color is in, please click here
- Have fresh garden-cut flowers on your coffee table. And if you need to know how to style a coffee table, please click here
Check out the recent makeover we just did for a modern living room in San Gabriel valley.
Interested in our interior design service, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi, guys, I hope your new week started with a positive tune. As usual, I love to share some rooms that I came across over the weekend. The reason I share them here is not only because they are beautiful but also they are quite unique with full of good ideas and personality. Often, the rooms that touch our hearts are not the rooms that are highly polished, but rather approachable yet with some surprises.
Have you ever had this situation: you want to hang a chandelier in your living room, but there is a TV. You are concerned that either a chandelier will block the view or there will be glares when you are watching TV. Therefore, your living room looks forever unfinished without proper lighting design. I totally get you since we have several clients are just like that.
First of all, I am always a big believer that a chandelier will definitely add drama and warmth in your living room. So my suggestion is please be open-minded and see what can be done to achieve functionality and great aesthetic at the same time.
So, let’s take a look at some design out there:
Well, now you feel it may be ok to hang a chandelier in the living room with TV. And those chandeliers do make living rooms homy, cozy and elegant. If you like modern home design and not a hard core of minimalism, there are 3 tips to achieve the goal since an extra layer particularly for a modern home design always does the trick.
- Always check out the overall height of chandelier and always go for the ones with adjustable heights. You even can choose the ceiling-mount fixtures.
2. Choose the chandelier that either add personality or nicely blends in the surroundings. It is just like the artwork in the air.
3. Install dimmer for your chandelier to avoid glares when you watch TV.
I hope you found those tips work.
September is here! Times just goes so fast. I still feel we just started a new 2016. And now it’s September! When fall starts, we are naturally attracted to the saturated warm colors. I am on the same path, too. I like colors. Inspired by Pantone Fall 2016 colors, we created room vignettes for 2016 fall season. I am so excited to share with you right here. On today’s blog, I am going to show you a super warm, fashionable and chic living room by using Pantone Spicy Mustard, Aurora red, Riverside and Airy Blue.
Spicy mustard is warm and inviting just like the sunlights in the fall. We light it up a little bit and used it on the paneling walls paired it with bold Aurora Red on a channel-back long sofa with fringe trims. The whole theme is now becoming chic and sexy. The living room is no longer grandma’s yellow sunny room, but with a touch of Hollywood glamor. Both Riverside and Airy Blue are accents colors in this room. We used them on the table lamp, decorative objects to infuse the space with some cool fresh feelings. Here is the room:
We have talked about this sofa on our blog before. Now we used in this room. Again, channel-back sofa is in and we love the vintage yet still very modern and feminine feeling.
The floral pattern upholstered chair is so elegant and feminine. The shades of pink, red, green, blue and yellow on the chair create a such nice contrast with saturated mustard and red colors. Don’t you agree that althrough we are attracted to warm fall colors in the Fall season, we still desire a chill of spring feel? So why not make it happen in our home?
The gilded bench picks up the mustard color from the wall. Now we see there is a conversation going on.
The dark brown shade on iron chandelier kind of balances off the saturated warm colors in the space yet the sparkling crystals on the lighting still emphasize the elegance . The clean-line shape of the chandelier is a nice contrast with the curved sofa and bench.
The chevron pattern lamp shades are custom-made. The pattern adds youthfulness to the space to make it fun and playful.
Royale blue vase is a jewelry box in the room.
Truly love these oversized vases. They add a modern flair into the room.
Love this flower shape plate.
Love the trim on the table by the long red sofa— very cotour.
This black-white art work with gold frame anchored the whole room.
Let us know how you like the room and colors. Most items here are custom-made, if you are interested in any of them. Please contact us.
This client’s original living room had a mixing style. The original drapery was quite old-school and sofa was Italian modern. After talking to the client and getting to know what she favors, we decide a modern classic style for this room. Here is what we did:
- Use brass drapery rod to give the window treatment a clean modern classic feeling.
- Pale-blue french-pleatED silk drapery truly upgrades the room and adds a touch of classy to the space.
- The upholstered earthy-tone velvet clean-line tuxedo sofa is chic, modern yet inviting.
- The modernized alabaster table lamp a with light gold silk shade nicely blends in the new soft color palette.
- The pop of pillow colors and patterns truly made the room alive and fashionable.
The end result is such a adorable living room with a feminine touch. and it is youthful, light and interesting.
The first Wednesday in April! We feel summer in Los Angeles. It’s a beautiful season to see the full blooms everywhere. In case you are planning to do some makeover. The best tip I can offer now is to bring some natural inspirations to home. You will feel fresh, happy and exciting. Here are 5 steps we took to make this Spring-feeling living room.
- Install floral wallpaper with the bright colors;
- Upholster sofa with white linen to make it feel organic and natural;
- Have several chairs upholster in bright yellow fabric to brighten up the room;
- Use dark silky drapery to create nice contrast with the floral wallpaper and pastels;
- Have a lots of fresh roses and greeneries.
Happy National Decorating Month