With spring just around the corner, in case you are planning to refresh up the home, today we are going to share 5 trends for living room in 2021.
Warmer color palettes. As we spend more time at home than ever before, we pay more attention to our home and color nomally comes first. Color often affects how we feel–light, happy, moody, romantic and enveloped. A warmer color palette is on-trend in the year of 2021 since warmer color tones make us feel cozy, relaxing, safer and grounded.
Oatmeal, chocate brown , tan and cream combined with plush textiles create a very comfy environment for us to lean to, rejuvenate and get away specially in the uncertain times.
2. Green starts to pop up among natural earthy tones to enliven any space –a hopeful message to look upto the bright future.
3. Old-world charm. Instead of stark minimalism or mid-century modern, the furnishings with old-world charm and vintage vibes are becoming the star since they bring us a sense of comfort and famililarity in the uncertain time. It is also because we are intending to create a more interesting living space by adding details to please our eye. Pieces like heir-loom antiques, classical-framed artwork, skirted table-cloth, ruffled sofa covers, vintage area rugs, unique classical-form chairs, chinoserie wallpaper, antique mirrors will help create an unique and personalized living space to enjoy.
4. Knotted light fixtures add drama and natural element to create a eye-catching focal point and coastal feel. Who wouldn’t want it specially when we still cannot travel far away?
5. Yes, a touch of yellow, please.
Yellow is Pantntone color of the year 2021. It is a happy color and will add a touch of sunshine to any space. We love to pair yellow with green, grey, brown or blush to create a very fashion-forward living space.
5. Soft edges and curved shapes create a more harmonious and relaxing living space.
Shop The Look We Handpicked For You (Click Each Image For Details)
Mermelada Estudio puts a slightly ’70s spin on this vintage-inspired sofa, upholstered in a plush cotton/poly blend velvet. Wraparound arms add architectural interest while three loose back cushions keep it comfortable.
1970s Italian-inspired sofa designed by Jannis Ellenberger makes lounging look vintage. Curvaceous design is wrapped in a creamy ivory boucle that brings soft texture and dimension to the piece. Four metal braces add structural detail to each end. Luxe sofa is low, deep and so easy to sink into.
Handsome hide. Introduce hide to your habitat via authentic aniline-dyed buffalo leather, revealing natural grain and texture that wears and softens over time. Hand-stitched quadrants shape up sides with flange edging. Squares up as ottoman or occasional seating.
It is always a fun to create a home style that reflects who we are as a person. So we can be best ourselves by living here. To have a timeless style is to stay true to ourselves. So take time to sought out the style and pick the objects that we are in love with.
This living room we designed here is chic, glamorous and ladylike. It is for someone who appreciates art and beautiful things, who has a distinguished taste and loves the details. A touch of red on the channeled sofa, the floral print skirted chair add dose of romance.
The first Wednesday in April! We feel summer in Los Angeles. It’s a beautiful season to see the full blooms everywhere. In case you are planning to do some makeover. The best tip I can offer now is to bring some natural inspirations to home. You will feel fresh, happy and exciting. Here are 5 steps we took to make this Spring-feeling living room.
Install floral wallpaper with the bright colors;
Upholster sofa with white linen to make it feel organic and natural;
Have several chairs upholster in bright yellow fabric to brighten up the room;
Use dark silky drapery to create nice contrast with the floral wallpaper and pastels;
I hope you all had wonderful holiday weekend. From Chinese New Year celebration to Valentine’s and President’s Day, we just enjoyed beautiful weather in SoCal. I will talk about these in different blogs. Here is our new project. I know it is rosequartz again. Why not? Compared with original dark grey color, this new rosequarts make rooms look much more alive, interesting, elegant and feminine. I am on my way to do 50 design projects with this color. We will see how we are going to end up. Anyway, let’s talk about this project. Here are 6 ways we did to make this living room more ladylike:
Change the original dark grey wall color to rosequartz.
Furnishing the room with quite elegant sofas, chairs in different shades of pink. Spring is coming, isn’t it?
Keep the original wood floor to give it sense of history and depth.
Big silk-shaded chandelier anchor the whole space.
Antique artwork on the walls to show the high-taste of the owner.