We are hosting another BBQ & Cocktail party in our backyard for Memorial Day celebration. From my home to yours, wish you a happy Memorial Day.
What can be nicer than strolling around a garden in a beautiful sunny day after staying home for so long when it is still the spring season. Some of businesses are re-opening over this Memorial Weekend. So we decided to visit a local outdoor garden by the coast for some fresh air and pretty blooms.
With summer is approaching, you may plan to spend more time in your porch, balcony or backyard although you have probably already spent quite a lot of time outdoor for this strange quarantine time if you are from California like us. If your are a little bit tired of your outdoor living space and would like to give it a quick makeover, we have a good news for you–there are 5 simple ways that you can do to spice up your outdoor living space right now.
- Get some fresh pillows in blue-white, striped pattern, hot pink or elegant neutral. You can simply throw these pillows on your IKEA outdoor chairs or your grandma’s rusted iron Victoria bench, those adorable pillows will bring in a whole new level of energy and cheers to your outdoor space.
As we celebrate Earth Day today, what are you doing today to connect with nature specially we are at this strange time. Today, we are going to share 5 trends for outdoor living spaces.
1. Stylish high-performance indoor-outdoor fabric on furniture.
Happy Monday! Hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend. As usual, we hosted another backyard cocktails last weekend. But this time is for Easter. And yes, we had some eggs which we dyed them naturally by using blueberries and beets. Instead the bright typical Easter colors, we want sort of organic vibes.
DTLA has being gone through the major transformation within last several years. Every time, we are here, we always can see something new and feel something new. So it is pretty exciting experience to explore new DTLA for food, cafe, architectures, boutique hotels, museums, etc. And often the landscape of the mix -and- max of the new with historical buildings make the city so charming.
We were recently invited to a preview party of new property in China Town which is really close to city hall. The property is multi-purpose combining with retails and residential. I am pretty amazed by how they use the color, patterns and mid-century furniture they choose.
I love visiting artists’ studios. Often, I am just so amazed how they make the spaces so livable with simple creative ideas and great cares. There are always fresh flowers and plants in their studio making guests feel so inviting and fresh. Of course, we can learn from them too. Here are 3 simple ways to bring spring indoors.
- Having fresh flowers and greenery everywhere in your home. You can just pick them from your backyard–it is touch of nature.
2. Hosting a spring party in your garden with fresh-cut flowers , home-made organic cocktail and cozy seating , and your party venue become part of spring memory.
3. And Spring color palette:
“To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.”—Lao Tzu
Where is your getaway to quiet your mind for this weekend?
“Just living is not enough… one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.”—Hans Christian Anderson