It has been another intense week. I just realize how important to disengage a little bit and have a little refreshing time over the weekend. So I can prepare myself well for a new week. This weekend we decided to hike Zuma Canyon Trail, Malibu. The trail is rated difficult but we took a rather easy approach this time. So we can spent more time to enjoy the views and interesting things along the hike.Continue reading
With summer is approaching, you may plan to spend more time in your porch, balcony or backyard although you have probably already spent quite a lot of time outdoor for this strange quarantine time if you are from California like us. If your are a little bit tired of your outdoor living space and would like to give it a quick makeover, we have a good news for you–there are 5 simple ways that you can do to spice up your outdoor living space right now.
- Get some fresh pillows in blue-white, striped pattern, hot pink or elegant neutral. You can simply throw these pillows on your IKEA outdoor chairs or your grandma’s rusted iron Victoria bench, those adorable pillows will bring in a whole new level of energy and cheers to your outdoor space.
We had a quite busy schedules over the past weekends—2 of back-to-back long runs, our first-time ever BBQ over this strange time and Sunday cocktail party. To be accurate, this is probably our first ever back-yard BBQ. And yes, we got a hand-down BBQ charcoal grill and it looks pretty vintage and cute. We took a quite time to clean the whole thing. Other than that, we really enjoyed this new-found backyard activity.
Our mojo is to create memories over this quarantine time from the very beginning. So besides packed zoom meetings every day, we love to relax a little bit over the weekend. It is always so much fun to take time to prepare food, set up the table and craft home-made cocktails.
As we celebrate Earth Day today, what are you doing today to connect with nature specially we are at this strange time. Today, we are going to share 5 trends for outdoor living spaces.
1. Stylish high-performance indoor-outdoor fabric on furniture.
Couple of weeks ago, we went to visit Louis Vuitton X pop-up exhibition in Beverly Hills. It is about an immersive journey through the House’s 160-year history of creative exchanges and artistic collaborations. Discover over 180 items from Louis Vuitton’s archives. Well, it is a quite a show and very interesting to see how they put up a fashionable color-palette , showcase their production process, iconic designs over the years and artworks. Please join me for a short tour.
The favorite part for me is actually the patio lounge area. And when we got there, there were not many people. So I can really checked out all of the details.
First of all, I love how they use pink on the floorings and chairs—-such a cheerful color that light up everybody’s mood immediately.
And different shades and patterns of yellow and white on pillows give eye a rest and also create resort-like casual atmosphere.
Now you get some ideas to style your patio party with some dramas.
Get the look
I love visiting artists’ studios. Often, I am just so amazed how they make the spaces so livable with simple creative ideas and great cares. There are always fresh flowers and plants in their studio making guests feel so inviting and fresh. Of course, we can learn from them too. Here are 3 simple ways to bring spring indoors.
- Having fresh flowers and greenery everywhere in your home. You can just pick them from your backyard–it is touch of nature.
2. Hosting a spring party in your garden with fresh-cut flowers , home-made organic cocktail and cozy seating , and your party venue become part of spring memory.
3. And Spring color palette:
Hope you enjoy your 4th July holiday. Here is ours by the poolside. The fabric, decorative pillows, outdoor draped daybeds and lounge chairs really put us in a relaxing mood. Maybe you can get some inspirations to dress up your poolside.
We have 90+ degree weather for several days. It looks like summer is here. Well, the weather in LA is always such a drama. But with Memorial Day next week and official summer beginning on June 22nd, we know now it’s the great time to plan outdoor living for summer and enjoy nature as much as we can.
Outdoor living space can be large, luxurious and also can be as simple as a small area that is dedicated to get-together lounging and entertaining. Although it’s small, there are always ways to make it interesting. The outdoor living space we created in the video is French country style featuring with blue-stone circular pavers around the tree, French bistro chairs, teak dining table, wrought iron bench. The orange fashionable umbrella adds a pop of color while perennial plants such as ivy, iris, bird paradise lend a romantic feel to the space.
Enjoy and have a great Sunday!
One of the most joyful things to do in summer is to chill out by the pool. Here are 5 tips to make the experience even better:
1. Bring indoor out to create ease yet elegant sensibility.
2. Have the pop of the colors to cheer you up.
3. Build an outdoor kitchen or bar to entertain your guests in grand or humble.
4. Set seatings in groups to create intimacy.
5. Create stylish table vignettes your guests can appreciate and talk about.
Have a wonderful Saturday
Happy National Ice-cream Day! The day to pamper yourself. And most importantly, enjoy your yummy ice-creams in a stylish way—outdoor and with art. In SoCal, we love to celebrate every event outdoors.
Here are 5 tips to create an elegant outdoor space to celebrate everything:
1. Have super comfortable and indoor-quality seatings. It can be just a chair. So you can truly chill out.
2. Use pop-up of colors—that will make you happy.
3. Install outdoor drapery panels—create a cozy and intimate atmosphere.
4. Create space for your hobby—art painting, reading corners or mini-bar.
5. Have some delicate decor accessories—fresh flowers and trays. Something a little bit fancy to put you in the relaxing mood.
Please let me know what you think.