We all have longed for a global travel for a quite while. Since it seems impossible to travel globally for most of us, let’s browse the internet for some cool new design. Today we are going to take a look at a new restaurant in Paris— Mon Square. It’s chic, cute, colorful and use quite a lot of pink. The restaurant has begun to pull in a lively crowd of film stars, politicians, diplomats, neighborhood regulars, and young and trendy Parisians. It is French designer Florence Lopez‘s first public work. We definitely love her approach to make the restaurant inviting, soft, welcome and intimate –kind of the approach when we design residential projects.Continue reading
For some weired reason, I always have a mood for color of pink on Wednesday. What about you? What is your mood color on Wednesday? From hot pink, blush to muted pastel, pink always evokes feeling of romance, dream, elegance, feminism, sophistication and sweetness.
It looks like we do use a lot of pink in our design projects.
What is your Wednesday mood? We are in the mood for some hot pink because it’s chic, warm, pretty, elegant, feminine and energizing.
In my last post, I shared 5 quick ways to decorate your houses for Christmas. One of the quick ways is to repaint your wall colors. I will focus on color of Pink in today’s blog.
50 Shades of Pink?
Pink is romantic and intimate, feminine, loving, caring and extremely considerate. It tones down the physical passion from the red color and replaces it with a gentle and loving energy. In color psychology, pink is a sign of hope. It is a positive color that inspires warm and comforting feelings. The color pink gives the feeling that everything will go well or be okay. Most people have heard of the saying “everything is rosy”. It may also indicate good health and success.
Pink in Interiors
Applying Pink in interiors can create chic, fashionable, cheerful, feminine feeling. Combining it with darker colors like dark blue, dark green, black or gray, you can make the color pink stronger and more sophisticated. Here are some room exmples:
Another project we did this year. Pink wall provides such an elegant backdrop for the artwork –The Lady in Red. This salmon pink is rich, passionate and classy. I really like the way how it pairs with cream panellings.
Here are some beautiful pink rooms by other designers:
I hope these give you some ideas on your holiday decorations.
Hello, December! Christmas decorations are in full force. No matter what’s you mood and how busy you are, it’s really up to you to make any holiday season festive, happy and special. There is only one Christmas a year. Why not make it beautiful? If you are not into big construction work, there are so many different ways to decorate your houses in this holiday season. Here is our project I would love to share with you :
There are 5 steps we did for this project:
- Change the wall color from the old dull yellowish color to cheerful candy pink—it’s youthful, feminine and elegant. The traditional Regency walnut breakfast table, Louis-XVI chairs and trimmed upholstered sectional sofa add a touch of classic and make the space more grow-up.
- Add a cream faux fur area rug to make the room cozy and inviting.
- We go all natural from Christmas tree, green branches around beams to dried fruit wreath at the back of the chairs. It’s more fun, inspiring to play with natural materials. Here are some guidelines on how to take care of real Christmas trees.
- Have some modern brass lighting fixtures to make the room dazzle–it can truly fresh up an old space immediately.
- Make your table display festive and beautiful—it’s show time.
A cozy seating zone at the entry of home, for sure, will make your guests feel inviting. Plus, today is #NationalWineDrinkDay. It should be a perfect place to chill a little bit once you come back home and open the door. Here are 4 ways to create a stylish entry.
- A couple of mini-chairs or a bench to create a cozy seating area.
- Have a piece of your favorite artwork on the entry wall to show off your taste.
- Have a plush area rug with a big pattern to add a touch of drama.
- Have some fresh flowers to relax you.
It’s right middle of the week. You probably feel there is still a long way to go and feel pretty drained already. However,” Life is in the living, in the tissue of every day and hour.” We have to embrace every moment. Office is where we spend most of our time. Let’s make it beautiful. Therefore, we are able to enjoy every moment of being there. Here are 4 tips to create a work space that you will madly fall in love with.
- Make the ceiling unique just as what we did in this office project: it is a pink ceiling! How fun!
- Have a lot of natural lights and good lighting design. Good lighting will put you in the right mood and help you stay focused.
- Install sleek drapery panels to give the space a more upscale look to keep up with your upbeat spirit.
- Always keep your desk uncluttered after you call it a day. That way, you will feel refreshed when you start very next day.
- Having fresh flowers simply make you feel happy.