It’s summer time. Wouldn’t you agree with me that there is always a lot of fun to change a little bit here and there in home ? Truly, life is really about living every day beautifully. For this restyling project in the video, we did several changes:
Hope you enjoy your 4th July holiday. Here is ours by the poolside. The fabric, decorative pillows, outdoor draped daybeds and lounge chairs really put us in a relaxing mood. Maybe you can get some inspirations to dress up your poolside.
It’s fun, fun, fun to host our own Sunday brunch at home because we can control what we put in the mouth and specially, it’s the beginning of the summer time and the weather is so nice. What we do have a lot now are floras and greeneries. Peonies are in the season in LA. So there is no reason not to go big on greenery and floral table decor. But I rather do them in a very organic and simple way. Here is the video we shot for one of our weekend brunch tabletop.
I hope you enjoy watching the video. Here are 3 take-aways for an elegant yet casual tabletop setting:
Have a lot of greeneries accentuated by in-season flowers.
Have a main color theme for the table-setting—we used blue-and-white in the video—the perfect color palette to celebrate the beginning of the summer.
Just schedule time to do it over the weekend. You are going to enjoy it a lot!
We all agree that kitchen is the heart of home. Today, people treat kitchen more like a new living room, where, besides cooking, they lounge, entertain and host get- together parties. Therefore, kitchen design has shifted from traditional triangle focus to creating multi-functional zones.
1. Clean lines, built-ins and simple door styles dominate kitchen designs. Contemporary- styled kitchens will overtake traditional to be the second most popular design after transitional. Emerging: industrial and mid century modern. Mountain modern and coastal are variations on contemporary.
2. White and gray painted cabinets dominate kitchen color schemes and show no signs of slowing down, especially gray. Blue painted and high gloss cabinets are emerging. For overall color schemes, blue as well as black are emerging.
3. Two-toned kitchens are gaining in popularity. Also mixing it up: materials and metals, across surfaces and as accents.
4.While wood cabinets dominate kitchen designs, metal – currently a small segment of the cabinet market – appears to be emerging. Metal cabinets are most frequently specified by younger and male designers.
5.Furniture-look pieces, rollouts, pullouts and under cabinet lighting (LED) are among the most popular kitchen cabinet features. Crown molding is declining. Rustic and reclaimed woods were mentioned.
6.Quartz is the most popular kitchen countertop material, and trending up. Granite, the second most popular countertop material, is trending down.
7. Induction cooktops and convection ovens are trending higher, and microwave drawers are outpacing freestanding or built-in microwaves.
8. Technology in the kitchen is increasing. About one-third of NKBA professionals included wiring and pathways for future tech integration. Also trending: internet connected appliances and docking stations.
9.Interior barn and pocket doors are trending up.
10. Accessible and/or universal design features continue to trend up for kitchens.
For more NKBA studies on this topic, please click here
We have 90+ degree weather for several days. It looks like summer is here. Well, the weather in LA is always such a drama. But with Memorial Day next week and official summer beginning on June 22nd, we know now it’s the great time to plan outdoor living for summer and enjoy nature as much as we can.
Outdoor living space can be large, luxurious and also can be as simple as a small area that is dedicated to get-together lounging and entertaining. Although it’s small, there are always ways to make it interesting. The outdoor living space we created in the video is French country style featuring with blue-stone circular pavers around the tree, French bistro chairs, teak dining table, wrought iron bench. The orange fashionable umbrella adds a pop of color while perennial plants such as ivy, iris, bird paradise lend a romantic feel to the space.
After a long and busy week day, we want to come back home that provides refuge, and comfort. It’s a place that we can chill out and relax in a style. One of The kitchen trends today is to create live-in feeling in the kitchen, which often incorporates built-in banquette seating to make a kitchen a secondary living room. The kitchen we designed in the video features with Moroccan tiles, antique Louis XVI chairs, custom built-in banquette, a mid-century wood table and modern brass chandelier… etc. Mixing and matching of different styles infuses playful yet elegant vibes to this urban kitchen.
Mother’s day is just several days away. We have created the beautiful interior vignettes to honor this special holiday to cherish motherhood, femininity, generosity, gentleness, kindness, care and love. Mother Teresa said : “Mother is the heart of the home.” We believe that home is a place that makes us feel beautiful and loved. The color palette of the vignette we created below is pastels mixed with a pop of saturated colors and neutral tones to express femininity , passion and gentleness.