AllModern has teamed up with fashion icon Jason Wu, Taiwanese-born fashion designer known for his sophisticated and well-crafted creations, for a collection of signature rugs, throws and pillows. The product assortment pulls inspiration from architecture and midcentury design, drawing upon the work of modern artists Josef Albers and Mark Rothko by incorporating geometric forms, abstract patterns and tonal textures. The collection combines mid-century modern and Scandinavian influences, designed to fit into diverse modern home decor schemes.Continue reading
Home is the backdrop of life. As we evolve, our homes should too. Aerian Lauder says” I’v always been inspired by beautiful interiors.”
Sit back , have sip a coffee and enjoy!
Hygge might have been the décor buzz word in the last couple of years. But this year, Lagom, a Swedish concept is set to change the way we decorate our homes and look after our health and well-being.
Unlike hygge—the Danish idea of “coziness” that promotes warmth and comfort—lagom is a life style. It means “just the right amount,” focusing on moderation and creating the perfect balance between not too much and not too little across everything from work/life balance to financial well-being.
Coming across a lot of recent designs and Instagram, I feel that lagom interiors may be on the way to become one of the design trends to watch in 2018! Here are 6 ways to adopt a little lagom into your interior today:
- Efficient flow: Creating balance in a space is much more than just the aesthetics of the room, is also incorporates the way that the room flows and how it supports the way that you use it. Will the scale of the furniture fits the space or overwhelm the space? Can you comfortably move around the room without having to squeeze past furnishings? Meeting needs such as these, without overcomplicating the design is an important component of lagom interiors – take a practical approach to the design process for a space that offers everything you need.
- Calm color palettes: The color of your home can have a profound impact on your mood and well-being. We all find that calm, soothing natural colors such as white gray, muted pastels and light earthy tones can absolutly relax us and provide a simple and fuss-free foundation for a beautifully balanced room.
- Practicality and functionality: There is a purpose for each room and decor accessories in terms of functionality and the way it triggers your emotion.
- Natural materials and craftsmanship: : Lagom promotes to make things less complicated and allow the natural beauty of materials and artisan craftsmanship to shine such as celebrating the grace of woven natural materials, the warmth of raw oak and the purity of soft cotton.
- Layer effect: Tone-on-tone theme with various textures and materials to creat a warm yet sophisticated space.
- Mix something new and something old to build up characters and personality: The antique, vintage pieces always add history, depth, story and charisma to the space, making it fun to live with and often spark a good conversation.
Finally, we have a little bit cooler weather, about 90 degree. The daily temperature of the whole week is averaged at 100 degree. So I regard today’s weather is a big bless. Yes, and it is Friday. Friday’s color palette should be relaxing, soothe, cheerful yet something that gives you a totally fresh feeling and make you want to take a weekend adventure. Welcome to Finnish designer Minna Parikka’s colorful Helsinki home.