November is the time to kick off your holiday home decor.
PDC Fall Market 2015 was awesome! It is always excited to see the new decor items. Here are some snap shots from yesterday’s event:
Colors for the Fall
Happy October! Ochre, red, navvy blue , gray and a touch of gold! Today we played this season’s fashion colors on the entry:
- Polished red-gray checkered tile floor warms up the room and anchors the whole space.
- Coral patterned wallpaper is the extension of the checkered floor in an elegant and subtle way.
- The brass bench in the red velvet fabric is inviting and adds sense of luxury to the space.
- The artwork on the wall, a decorative bowel and crystal candle holders create an interesting vignette and show off the high taste of the owner
As fashion shows go on, we are inspired and love to get the looks from Run-way to Hallway. And also, we do have Fall in Los Angeles. As the foliages in the whole world start to change the colors, we also crave for the feeling that make us feel unique, warm, romantic, strong, matured and homy. So what came my mind is the color combination of tangerine and dark blue.
After those pastels and cool beach colors dominated the whole summer, this combination of warm and cool saturated colors suddenly brings us a drama. It’s modern and chic. It makes a very strong statement. This is the case study how we used this fashion combination colors in recent country-style design project and make the place pleasant and livable.
Here are 5 steps to create this fashionable dining room look:
- Choose what inspired us most and make it as the start point. In this project, it’s the color combination of tangerine and blue. It’s such an interesting contrast for this country barn-style room.
- Paint walls and the ceiling neutral colors as the calm backdrop for the future furnishings and pops of tangerine and blue.
- Mix-and-match the style— have the modern clean-line furniture to give the room a fresh and youthful loom.
4. Chinoiserie on the screen and geometric patterns on the rug and Roman shades balance the energy between Yin and Yang, feminine and masculine.
5. Abstract artworks just leave the imagination of whoever enters the room wide open.
A pretty dressing room is every woman’s dream. It really doesn’t matter how big or small the home is, there is a always a way to make it stylish. The dressing space we designed here is actually at the corner of the master bedroom. Here are the 5 steps we took to make the space very special:
- A pink pleated vanity chair sets the tone for the functionality of the corner.
- A white-lacquered make-up desk with brass hardwares makes the space classy yet modern.
- A whimsical lacquered mirror echoes the makeup desk and lights up the corner space.
- Lavender Chinoiserie wallpaper has a very feminine touch to the space.
- A two-tiered tray makes the desk very neat and organized.
- Pink and red peonies give a fresh and elegant touch.
If you are planning doing something about your dressing room, I hope these 6 tips help.
All the Best
Monday always starts kind of wired way. Maybe it’s the syndrome of Monday Blues. When I went through some inspirations today, a touch of gold in the interiors really caught my eyes. Maybe it’s a very positive vibe to start Monday. Here are some beautiful rooms I put together for you. A touch of gold in these rooms really bring the glamour to the spaces. Enjoy!