It’s middle of the week again. I hope you are all doing very well. I have couple of design projects going on simultaneously. I feel a little bit overwhelming and look for some inspiration to just keep myself going. I started to organize the photos for the events I have been to recently. I found something that really lights up my day—yes, a beautiful tabletop. I guess color and fresh flowers always stimulate my brain to release more endorphin and make me feel happy. I hope you feel the same way too.
Hope you celebrated green and had a wonderful St. Patrick’s Day yesterday. We always love St. Patrick’s day not because it’s fun and cool, also because it is usually the time for us to kick off the season of Spring entertaining. Specially after the several times of raining showers, everything in our garden just starts blooming. So, of course, inspired by the warm and clear sunshine and beautiful blooms in our garden, we decided to have a causal in-home celebration by cooking comfy Irish beef stew and put up an organic spring-theme tabletop to enjoy. You may want to do the same thing too, but may be just intimated by the complicated task and think maybe the other time. Well, life is about celebrating every moment. We are celebrating by doing and engaging as much as we can. Therefore, it is much more fun for memories and does excise your creative muscles a lot. But there are some simple ways to make in-home entertaining much less a daunted task. Here are 7 tips we would love to share to make spring entertaining fun, simps and stylish.
- Just go to the outdoor and go to your backyard garden. You will be inspired by nature a lot and make you desire to bring nature to home. Since our garden is blooming, we just got everything from the garden—grass, roses, wild flowers, branches, herbs…
2. Please don’t wrap up your fine china and put them away at somewhere you even cannot find. Yes, please display your chinaware at the place you can easily see. Therefore, you always want to use them.
3. Plan,plan,plan. Write down the theme and food you would like to serve. For St. Patrick’s day table top, we wanted to celebrate the season of spring, so we had a lot of green-leaf veggies and in-season colorful root veggies. The next is to prepare the menu. For ours menu is mainly Irish beef stew with some green veggie cakes and green-leaf salad. We actually cooked the beef stew a night before in a slower cooker.
4. Well, just sit back and enjoy.
5. Take time to take the photos for what you just do and you will be inspired to host next party.
P.S. We provide full interior design service, remodeling consultation, lighting design, Residential Title 24 consultation, home automation, kitchen and bath design, home furnishing. 我们提供全方位室内设计服务，室内软装，装修咨询，家居自动化，灯光设计，厨浴设计，加州 家庭title 24 能源规定咨询，家具，装饰品配置及采购，艺术画咨询及采购。
I have been to some events lately and these fine china, elegant glasswares, gorgeous floral arrangements, romantic candles and fresh creations truly inspired me. I hope they will also inspire you for your next holiday party or wedding planning. After all, life is about beautiful memories we craft thoughtout years.
It’s fun, fun, fun to host our own Sunday brunch at home because we can control what we put in the mouth and specially, it’s the beginning of the summer time and the weather is so nice. What we do have a lot now are floras and greeneries. Peonies are in the season in LA. So there is no reason not to go big on greenery and floral table decor. But I rather do them in a very organic and simple way. Here is the video we shot for one of our weekend brunch tabletop.
I hope you enjoy watching the video. Here are 3 take-aways for an elegant yet casual tabletop setting:
- Have a lot of greeneries accentuated by in-season flowers.
- Have a main color theme for the table-setting—we used blue-and-white in the video—the perfect color palette to celebrate the beginning of the summer.
- Just schedule time to do it over the weekend. You are going to enjoy it a lot!
Easter will be a perfect time to host a family get-together. You may want to create an unforgettable tabletop for this year’s tabletop. Here are several steps we did for our clients:
The weather has been really nice lately. The roses in my backyard garden start to bloom. And there was Valentine’s Day. Therefore, I decided to do some spring make over a week ago. The color palette I used here is magenta, pink, lavender, gold and neutrals. Here are some vignettes I love to share here:
Just in case you want to see how these spaces looked before, here is the post for our Christmas decoration.
One of the best things about Chinese New Year is that there is 7 days to celebrate. And today is the 3rd day.
One of the traditions about Chinese New year is to burn incenses to worship ancestors and pray for the best for the new year. The experience is just absolutely beautiful.
For this year, we created a series of interiors featured with Chinese antique and Chinoiserie styles to celebrate the year of the rooster. For this particular dining set in the following video, the inspiration comes from the tradition that Chinese burn incenses to worship the kitchen god on the 3rd day of the Festival. The set features with antique Huanghuali arm chairs, Ming dining table, pagoda chandelier chinoiserie wallpaper and Louis XVI gilded mirror.
Happy Monday and Happy Chinese New Year